Thursday, October 27, 2011






Wow!!!

What a week it has been! We started the week off at Swanson following a short two week holiday break. So the kids were rested and ready and excited to learn! It was soo awesome meeting all of them and they seem like such a lovely group of kids, I am very excited to start teaching and planning :) In only one short week I will have taken over the entire classroom as the lead teacher. My cooperatin teacher has been amazing! She has been so wonderful and so supportive! I think we are going to make a good team! Next week I have some Halloween activities planned and then I will continue their communication unit as now they are writing to buddies from Wisconsin! It will be so far a great activity to write and Communicate with someone from another part of the world. :) the kids are super excited to learn all the nitty griddy details of what it's like to live in America. There are only about six weeks left of the school year so there is lots and lots to do and time will just zoom on bye! The weather is getting nicer and nicer out and the kids just want to get out and play! I think i am going to come up with a scavenger hunt for the kids and some relays to get the up and moving! They absolutely love to play games outside and with other classses, it is a great community school where they are all learning and growing together.This next school term is the last one before the long Christmas holiday (which is basically their summer vacation) once they return they will have a whole new class and a new teacher waiting
This weekend Jackie and I are off on our own little adventure up to the Bay of Islands. It is suppose to be absolutely amazing so I am very excited!!!! Right now we are reading on one leg of the trip, where we are on a coach bus taking us to Pahiha which is about a four hour drive. Luckily the bus has wifi but I not very intelligently chose not to bring my computer. Why does it seem as though the times you take your laptop somewhere you never use it and the times you don't are the times where you could desperately use it. Luckily though I haven phone which seems to be doing the job as I am updating my blog as I speak :) I think I will be heading off now, but I will keep you updated as the weekend goes on! Have a great weekend everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment